ePORTALIS - Terms and Conditions
This Website (“the Website”) is owned and operated by JWAM Portal Pty. Ltd. (A.C.N. 602 502 983) trading as ePortalis (A.B.N. 24 602 502 983) (“the Owner”)
on the World Wide Web (“WWW”).
The material on the Website is copyright © 2015 JWAM Portal Pty. Ltd. and/or other copyright owners.
The Website is available for you to access, conditional on your acceptance without alteration of the Terms and Conditions set out below.
By accessing the Website you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions and any others terms and conditions, notices and/or disclaimers displayed elsewhere
on the Website from time to time. You also agree that you are at least 18 years of age, of sound mind and legally able to enter into a binding contract.
USE OF MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE
Except for the limited use set out in Paragraph B you may not use the Website, or the material contained on it, for any purpose that involves:
- The reproduction of the material in any material form;
- The distribution of the material in any material form;
- The re-transmission of the material by any medium of communication;
- The uploading and/or reposting the material to any other site on the WWW; or
- The “framing” the material on the Website with other material on any other WWW site.
The above referred to conduct is unlawful in any jurisdiction and is specifically prohibited by
these Terms and Conditions.
- Notwithstanding the above restrictions on use of the material on the Website, you may download material from the Website for your personal non-commercial
use provided you do not remove any copyright and trade mark notices contained on the material.
- You may not modify or copy:
- The layout of the Website; and
- Any computer software and code contained in the Website.
- The Owner reserves all intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, copyright in material and/or services provided by it. The material
provided on the Website is provided for personal use only and may not be:
- Re-sold and/or re-distributed in any material form;
- Stored in any storage media; and/or
- Re-transmitted in any media, without the prior written consent of the Owner.
Links to Other Websites
- The Website contains links to sites on the WWW owned and operated by third parties and
which are not under the control of the Owner.
- In relation to the other sites on the WWW, which are linked to the Website, the Owner:
- Provides the links to other sites as a convenience to you and the existence of a link to
other sites does not imply any endorsement by the Owner of the linked site; and
- Is not responsible for the material contained on those linked sites.
- The Owner is making the Website available for others to publish information without
assuming a duty of care to users. The Owner is not in the business of providing
professional advice and gives no warranty, guarantee or representation about the accuracy,
reliability or timeliness or otherwise, of the information contained on the Website and/or
linked sites on the WWW.
- To the full extent permitted by law the Owner disclaims any and all warranties, express or
- The accuracy, reliability, timeliness or otherwise of any information contained or
referred to on the Website and/or of any linked sites; and
- Merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose for any service or product
contained or referred to on the Website and/or on any linked sites.
- The Owner will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss of profits or any damages
of any kind recognised by law (even if it has been advised of the possibility of such loss of
profits or damages) which are the consequence of you:
- Acting, or failing to act, on any information contained on or referred to on the Website
and/or any of the linked Websites; and
- Using or acquiring, or your inability to use or acquire, any service or product contained
or referred to on the Website and/or any linked sites.
- The Owner does not warrant guarantee or make any representation that:
- The Website, or the server that makes the site available on the WWW are free of
- The functions contained in any software contained on the Website will operate uninterrupted or are error-free; and
- Errors and defects in the Website will be corrected.
- The Owner is not liable to you for:
- Errors or omissions in the Website, or linked sites on the WWW;
- Delays to, interruptions of or cessation of the services provided in the Website, or
linked sites; and
- Defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user of the Website, whether caused
through negligence of the Owner, its employees or independent contractors, or
through any other cause.
- You agree to accept the full cost of any necessary repair, correction and maintenance of
any of your computer software or hardware, which may be necessary as a consequence of
you accessing the Website.
The Owner is not liable to you for:
- Any act or failure to act, resulting directly and/or indirectly from a listing on the
Website, where that listing is not officially endorsed by the Owner; or
- Any act or failure to act by a third party, who may have contacted you via or in
conjunction or in relation to or with Website, or is in any way affiliated with the
The Website is merely a catalyst for obtaining access to school portal online, any activity
undertaken by you outside the use of the Website is in no way connected to, or no liability
whatsoever rests thereon, the Owner.
Limitation of Liability
- The Disclaimer may not apply to you in jurisdictions in which limitations on or exclusions of
warranties or liabilities are not permitted by law. To the full extent permitted by law the
Owner’s liability for any implied warranty or condition is limited, at the choice of the Owner,
to one or more of the following:
If the breach of an implied warranty or condition relates to services:
- The supply of the services again; or
- The payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
If the breach of an implied warranty or condition relates to goods:
- The replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- The repair of such goods; or
- The payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods, or
having the goods repaired.
Use of Information Gathered
- The Owner and/or people authorised by it may gather and process the information:
- Which you may provide when accessing the Website, such as your name, address, e-
mail address and other personal information about you; and
- Regarding the way in which you use the Website including, without limitation,
information acquired through the use of “cookies” programmed during the accessing
of the Website.
- The Owner may authorise others to offer you goods and services using the information
acquired through (a) and (b) above.
Termination of Access
- The Owner may terminate access to the Website at any time without giving any explanation
or justification for the termination of access, and the Owner has no liability for any costs,
losses or damages of any kind arising as a consequence of terminating access to the
Alteration of Terms and Conditions
- The Owner reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions:
- With or without further notice to you; and
- Without giving you any explanation or justification for such change.
PROVISION OF INFORMATION BY YOU
- You represent and warrant in relation to any material and/or information you provide to the
- You are authorised to provide the material and/or information;
- The material and/or information is not defamatory or a malicious falsehood in relation
to any product, service, person or corporation;
- The material and/or information is not the “passing off” of any product or service and
does not constitute unfair competition;
- The material and/or information does not infringe any intellectual property right
including, but not limited to, trade marks, service marks or business names (whether
registered or unregistered), confidential information and copyright; and
- The material and/or information does not infringe any legislation or regulations of the
Commonwealth of Australia and the State of Victoria including, but not limited to, the
Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) and the Fair Trading Act 1999 (Vic) and any other
parliament competent to legislate in relation to the Website or any law in any country
where the material and/or information is or will be available electronically to users of
Licence to Use Intellectual Property
- By uploading any material which is intellectual property including, but not limited to,
copyrighted works, trade marks and service marks (the “intellectual property”) on to the
Website, you are granting
throughout the world to:
- Reproduce, use and exploit the intellectual property, as part of the Website, to the full
extent permitted by intellectual property law in any jurisdiction in which the Website is
available to users; and
- Allow the Owner to sub-licence others the same rights granted to the Owner in (a)
Removal of Information
- In relation to any material and/or information included on the Website, the Owner may
remove any material and/or information, including but not limited to links to other sites on
the WWW, at any time without giving any explanation or justification for removing the
material and/or information.
Limit of Liability
- The Owner and its respective officers, employees and agents have no liability for any costs,
losses or damages of any kind, which you may incur, arising whether directly or indirectly.
This applies in relation to or in connection with any material and/or information supplied in
respect of advertising on this Website; and as a consequence of removing any material
and/or information from this Website.
- You will at all times indemnify and keep indemnified the Owner and its respective officers,
employees and agents (“those indemnified”) from and against any loss (including
reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liability incurred by any of those indemnified
arising from any claim, demand, suit, action or proceeding by any person against any of
those indemnified where such loss or liability arose out of, in connection with or in respect of
any breach of this Agreement by you; and publication of or distribution of the material and/or information supplied by you.
- You must not assign, sub-licence or otherwise deal with the benefit of this Agreement. The
Owner may at any time assign, sub-licence or otherwise deal with the benefit of this
Agreement and is under no obligation to provide you notice of any such Assignment.
- The failure or delay of the Owner in enforcing any part of these Terms and Conditions is not
to be construed as a waiver of its rights.
- If any part of this Agreement is found to be void, unlawful, or unenforceable then that part
will be deemed to be severable from the balance of this Agreement and the severed part
will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of the
Victoria, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
- You agree to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Victoria to determine any dispute arising out
of this Agreement.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to any modification, amendment or addition to existing
content or material.